Link alternatif AsianBookie.com: | asianbookie6.com |  asianbookie.uk | (Bookmark CTRL+D)

SBOTOP

bet365 - Best Live Odds on All Asian Handicaps. - SIGN UP NOW!

M88.com

Main Menu | Preferences | Search | Register | Log In

Registered Forum Members: 270838 and growing!

AFF: Logo to distinguish SPools Picks from others - AsianBookie.Com Forums

Suggestions & Help 
 Main Menu > Suggestions & Help > AFF: Logo to distinguish SPools Picks from others

» CHAT Now! «  [ 188 Chatters Online ]
Search | Register | Log In
This thread is marked settled, you can still reply quoting the Admin if you need help
 ( Page 1 )  Go to Last Post    
Posted By Topic: AFF: Logo to distinguish SPools Picks from others       - Views: 88
Fahrenheit
18-Apr 2019 Thursday 7:18 PM (1825 days ago)
justin11sg and T.k.Ho  2 Likes  
*Diamond Member*

Liked By: 39193
Followers: 59

Tipsters
Championship:
AB$: 901,562.50
Ranked:

AFF consists of threads involving Asian games as well as games offered by Singapore Pools. To distinguish one from the other, we have TS who specify it on the thread title, such as these :

I would like to suggest adopting the system practised in HRLF, to have a logo for threads that involve Singapore Pools offered games. 

"Margin of Safety" as the Central Concept of Betting
A team's past ability to create quality chances is the expected number of goals that they should have produced. The expected number of goals in excess of the actual number of goals constitutes the "margin of safety". The margin is counted on to cushion the bettor against discomfiture in the event of a performance decline in the upcoming fixture. The soccer bettor does not expect the upcoming fixture to work out the same as in the past. If he were sure of that, the safety margin demanded might be small. The function of a safety margin is, in essence, that of rendering unnecessary an accurate estimate of the team's winning probability in the upcoming fixture. If the safety margin is sufficiently large, then it is enough to assume that the team's upcoming performance will not fall far below their expected goals in order for the bettor to feel sufficiently cushioned against bad luck. The safety margin is always dependent on the odds that the bettor accepts from the bookie. It will be large in certain odds, small at some lower odds, and negative when the odds is too low. However, even with a safety margin in the bettor's favour, he may lose his bet. For the margin guarantees only that he has a better chance of winning - not that loss is impossible. 
Theory of Diversification
There is a close logical connection between the concept of safety margin and the principle of diversification. One is correlative with the other. Even with a margin in the bettor’s favor, an individual bet may work out badly. But as the number of such commitments is increased the more certain does it become that the aggregate of the profits will exceed the aggregate of the losses. This point may be made more colorful by a reference to the arithmetic of roulette. If a man bets $1 on a single number, he is paid $35 profit when he wins—but the chances are 37 to 1 that he will lose. He has a “negative margin of safety.” In his case diversification is foolish. The more numbers he bets on, the smaller his chance of ending with a profit. If he regularly bets $1 on every number (including 0 and 00), he is certain to lose $2 on each turn of the wheel. But suppose the winner received $39 profit instead of $35. Then he would have a small but important margin of safety. Therefore, the more numbers he wagers on, the better his chance of gain. And he could be certain of winning $2 on every spin by simply betting $1 each on all the numbers. (Incidentally, the two examples given actually describe the respective positions of the player and proprietor of a wheel with a 0 and 00.)

AsianBookie Tipsters Championship
Member of Team:
Bolametrix Quantitative Research
(Est. Oct 2014)

Team Ranked: #47 - Team Score (Top 50 Members): AB$ 1,693,125 Total Members: 44

justin11sg and T.k.Ho  2 Likes  

wembly
18-Apr 2019 Thursday 7:23 PM (1825 days ago)            #2
*Platinum Member*

Tri-Centennial Member

AsianBookie Tipster

Liked By: 127826
Followers: 128

Tipsters
Championship:
AB$: 1,376,250
Ranked:

Is it really necessary to specify?

If I post a pick that is not on Pools’ offers, it’s account holders will know.
If it is, you may follow my pick by betting through SPools.
Though the odds may differ, does it matter if I actually bet through Spools?

It is against forum rules to name our bookies and also AB can’t be seen to be ‘advertising’ for SPools in any way, may have legal implications too. 
I reckon your suggestion will not be feasible.

This message was edited by wembly on 18-Apr-2019 at 7:39 PM

Member of Team:
BNW
(Est. May 2019)

Team Ranked: #1 - Team Score (Top 50 Members): AB$ 92,832,187 Total Members: 1471

AsianBookie and T.k.Ho  2 Likes  
wembly
18-Apr 2019 Thursday 7:32 PM (1825 days ago)            #3
*Platinum Member*

Tri-Centennial Member

AsianBookie Tipster

Tipsters
Championship:
Ranked:

@AsianBookie ,
for your considerations please

Member of Team:
BNW
(Est. May 2019)

Team Ranked: #1 - Team Score (Top 50 Members): AB$ 92,832,187 Total Members: 1471
Fahrenheit
18-Apr 2019 Thursday 7:51 PM (1825 days ago)            #4
*Diamond Member*

Tipsters
Championship:
Ranked:

quote originally posted by wembly:

It is against forum rules to name our bookies and also AB can’t be seen to be ‘advertising’ for SPools in any way, may have legal implications too. 

There was a Vietnamese who entered my thread and asked how I "play +1.5", thinking that it was an Asian Handicap bet. 

As in the HRLF, the "4D" and "Toto" logos represent Singapore Lottery. So, is it an advertisement for Singapore Pools? I don't think so. If the phrase "Singapore Pools" is too blatant  then perhaps just "Singapore" will suffice. 
​​

A team's past ability to create quality chances is the expected number of goals that they should have produced. The expected number of goals in excess of the actual number of goals constitutes the "margin of safety". The margin is counted on to cushion the bettor against discomfiture in the event of a performance decline in the upcoming fixture. The soccer bettor does not expect the upcoming fixture to work out the same as in the past. If he were sure of that, the safety margin demanded might be small. The function of a safety margin is, in essence, that of rendering unnecessary an accurate estimate of the team's winning probability in the upcoming fixture. If the safety margin is sufficiently large, then it is enough to assume that the team's upcoming performance will not fall far below their expected goals in order for the bettor to feel sufficiently cushioned against bad luck. The safety margin is always dependent on the odds that the bettor accepts from the bookie. It will be large in certain odds, small at some lower odds, and negative when the odds is too low. However, even with a safety margin in the bettor's favour, he may lose his bet. For the margin guarantees only that he has a better chance of winning - not that loss is impossible. 
There is a close logical connection between the concept of safety margin and the principle of diversification. One is correlative with the other. Even with a margin in the bettor’s favor, an individual bet may work out badly. But as the number of such commitments is increased the more certain does it become that the aggregate of the profits will exceed the aggregate of the losses. This point may be made more colorful by a reference to the arithmetic of roulette. If a man bets $1 on a single number, he is paid $35 profit when he wins—but the chances are 37 to 1 that he will lose. He has a “negative margin of safety.” In his case diversification is foolish. The more numbers he bets on, the smaller his chance of ending with a profit. If he regularly bets $1 on every number (including 0 and 00), he is certain to lose $2 on each turn of the wheel. But suppose the winner received $39 profit instead of $35. Then he would have a small but important margin of safety. Therefore, the more numbers he wagers on, the better his chance of gain. And he could be certain of winning $2 on every spin by simply betting $1 each on all the numbers. (Incidentally, the two examples given actually describe the respective positions of the player and proprietor of a wheel with a 0 and 00.)

Member of Team:
(Est. Oct 2014)

wembly
18-Apr 2019 Thursday 8:05 PM (1825 days ago)            #5
*Platinum Member*

Tri-Centennial Member

AsianBookie Tipster

Tipsters
Championship:
Ranked:

quote originally posted by Fahrenheit:
There was a Vietnamese who entered my thread and asked how I "play +1.5", thinking that it was an Asian Handicap bet. 

As in the HRLF, the "4D" and "Toto" logos represent Singapore Lottery. So, is it an advertisement for Singapore Pools? I don't think so. If the phrase "Singapore Pools" is too blatant  then perhaps just "Singapore" will suffice. 
​​

I believe there was a suggestion once for a forum to be dedicated just for Pools’ bets.
Suggestion was rejected along my line of explanation.

The crux of implementation is not about whether it is easy to implement or otherwise but on the usefulness of the implementation itself.

Best let webmaster address your suggestion.

Member of Team:
BNW
(Est. May 2019)

Fahrenheit
18-Apr 2019 Thursday 8:08 PM (1825 days ago)            #6
*Diamond Member*

Tipsters
Championship:
Ranked:

I believe there was a suggestion once for a forum to be dedicated just for Pools’ bets.
Suggestion was rejected along my line of explanation.

The crux of implementation is not about whether it is easy to implement or otherwise but on the usefulness of the implementation itself.

Best let webmaster address your suggestion.

My line of reasoning follows what is already currently practised in HRLF segregating "4D", "Toto" and "Racing"  

Member of Team:
(Est. Oct 2014)

wembly
18-Apr 2019 Thursday 8:14 PM (1825 days ago)            #7
*Platinum Member*

Tri-Centennial Member

AsianBookie Tipster

Tipsters
Championship:
Ranked:

quote originally posted by Fahrenheit:

My line of reasoning follows what is already currently practised in HRLF segregating "4D", "Toto" and "Racing"

That is because they are in one forum.
People looking for tips on horse-racing aren’t interested in delving into threads for 4Ds etc.
That implementation saves them the time and effort to look at the relevant threads only.

Soccer betting is the same, regardless of which bookies you use. Of course, different bookies have different odds and markets. Even if I bet through A doesn’t mean that B won’t offer those markets. Hence, is necessary to indicate if I bet thru A or B? 
If I post my pick without the sugggested Spools logo (since I don’t bet with pools) for example, it doesn’t mean that my followers can’t place the same bets via pools. So, won’t this implementation act to the contrary if my pools’ followers ignore my thread. If they continue to view my thread, then what has this suggestion achieved?

Also, contrary to your belief, members who bet thru Pools are in the minority here.
Of course, these are all my personal imputs. The final decision always lies with webmaster. 

This message was edited by wembly on 18-Apr-2019 at 8:41 PM

Member of Team:
BNW
(Est. May 2019)

AsianBookie
19-Apr 2019 Friday 10:49 AM (1825 days ago)            #8
Administrator

Liked By: 4683

Tipsters
Championship:
AB$: 985,625
Ranked:
Pending

We concur with this. Singapore visitors only represent a small fraction of our total traffic. Now if Spools appoaches us to cooperate to form a new forum for their bet types then that is a different story - Until that happens, we will not specifically name or advertise directly/indirectly for Spools

This message was edited by AsianBookie on 19-Apr-2019 at 10:50 AM

T.k.Ho  1 Likes  
[Go Back to Top]
 Main Menu > Suggestions & Help > AFF: Logo to distinguish SPools Picks from others
Thread is Locked

This thread is marked settled, you can still reply quoting the Admin if you need help

Change Timezone:   

6. H_M ms

AsianBookie.com Forums Home | Back to AsianBookie.com

© Copyright 1998-2024 AsianBookie.Com - All rights reserved.
Advertise Feedback WAP Privacy Policy Terms of Service